All of us yearn for great looking skin. If you have been suffering from dry, dull looking skin, you will need to take extra care of your skin to ensure that it does not deteriorate further.
Characteristics of dry skin
Dry skin appears because our skin lacks the ability to trap the moisture. This irregular distribution of moisture can result in a shortage of sebum in our body. Most of the time, you will realize that after you have come into contact with the water, your skin can feels sketchy as the skin lacks moisture and texture. Sometimes, you can feel your skin chapped and cracked. All these are the characteristics and telltale signs of dry skin. Those fine lines on your facial parts like the eyes and corners of the mouth are further areas that dry skin normally tends to slightly more predominant.
How to take care of dry skin?
Without moisture, our skin is easily invaded by dry skin. To effectively combat the presence of dry skin, moisture needs to be restored to our skin. An easy way to do this is through the use of a moisturizing lotion. A good moisturizing lotion can help to provides the much-needed water content back to our skin, making it more supple and smooth.
More Tips for Taking Care of Dry Skin:
- Instead of tap water, either switch to filtered or mineral water each time your wash your face.
- Switch to a nonalkaline or neutral-pH products for your skin.
- Massage your skin with oil or cream.
- Ua good anti-dry skin product like Autopalm or Skin E Dip.
- Do not use a rough cloth to wipe your skin as it may irritate your dry skin further.
- Incorporate flax seed, and foods rich in sulphur into your diet.
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle and avoid smoking, alcohol and direct sun exposure.
Remember, our skin is one of the largest organs in our body and it is important that we take good care of it. As long as you put into practices the right skin care regiment and always use the right skin care products for your dry skin, you can achieve a radiant looking skin easily.